Become a Farmers of Flemington Agent
In today’s marketplace there is a lot of noise about direct marketing and online sales. Some carriers want to go around the independent insurance agent and sell direct to the consumer. These companies may even end up competing against their own agency partners in certain lines of business! At Farmers of Flemington, we view our partnerships a little differently.
We believe independent agents offer our Policyholders the best overall value proposition — a combination of price, service, advocacy, and advice. That is why, we partner exclusively with local independent agents for distribution of our products. Our goal isn’t to make a profit at your expense, it’s to work together hand-in-hand to serve our mutual Policyholders and achieve profitable growth — together.
When it comes to support of the independent agency system, others talk the talk, but we walk the walk.
Why work with us?
- Farmers of Flemington has been a trusted partner to independent agents since 1856, which is a track record that’s difficult to beat.
- We offer a range of competitive personal and commercial lines products to fit your clients’ needs.
- We are financially strong and stable with the ability to pay claims, even under the worst circumstances.
- We are reinsured for catastrophes above the 1:250-year event with some of the top rated reinsurers in the world.
- We are rated A-, Excellent by AM Best.
- Everyone on our team is accessible to you.
- You will have direct access to your Underwriter, Claims Team and Account Services – and we actually answer the phone!
- Our management team is always available. If you want to talk, we want to listen.
- We offer superior compensation.
- In addition to competitive commissions, we provide an exceptional contingency bonus program designed to reward profitability, growth and retention.
- We were ranked #2 in New Jersey for overall compensation in a recent PIA survey.
- Integrity, trust and transparency are in our DNA. As a Mutual, we are all about our Policyholders, which means you can rely on us to treat them fairly and provide top quality service at every touch point.
- We are constantly innovating and improving our products and technology to better serve you and our mutual Policyholders.
Don’t take our word for it.
Here’s what our Agents say.
What we look for in an Independent Agent
The ideal Farmers of Flemington Agent wants to be our partner — one that provides our mutual Policyholders with top quality service while consistently executing effective marketing and operational plans resulting, year-after-year, in profit and growth.
We prefer agencies that:
- Have a proven track record of experience and success
- Maintain a strong support staff and great customer relations
- Sell and service a mix of personal and commercial lines of business
- Have an online presence with a professional appearance and customer focus
- Will produce at least $150,000 in combined premium within three calendar years of appointment
- Would consider Farmers of Flemington a top tier carrier in the agency